DDA Access Statement For York
Touring Caravan Site.
York Touring Caravan
Site is a touring caravan and camping park located approx 6
miles north of York Centre.
Current facilities and services offered
- We cater for tents,
trailer tents, touring caravans and motorhomes.
- Our website has been tested W3C
Web Content Accessibility compliant.
- Copies of this access statement are
available online and via e-mail or post by request.
- You can contact York
Touring Caravan Site by ‘phone,
fax and email.
Staff always accept TypeTalk calls.
- Pitches are allocated at the time of
booking. Our staff are happy to advise on the location and
suitability of pitches for your requirements.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The Reception area
doubles as the golf facility reception and shop, it is
located 200 yards from the entrance to the site. It can be
approached by a gravel path on foot or you can drive to the
- The reception
entrance has level access suitable for wheelchairs and a
disabled toilet is available.
- Once registered at reception guests
have to access the park via a barrier which is operated by
entering a pin code into a keypad.
- Accessible parking bays are available
in close proximity to reception,
and the amenities building.
- All bays are 4 metres wide and allow
for rear access to vehicles.
- All signs are white with clear large
- Accessible parking bays are outside
reception for use whilst in reception.
Public Areas – General (External)
- Rolled road
planings cover the roads
around the park with tarmac in front of the toilet/shower
- The park is situated on well drained,
level ground, surrounded by open fields grazed by our family
farm’s sheep and horses
Public Areas – WC, Showers & Wash-room
amenities are located at the entrance to
the park. There is level
access to the amenities.
- The amenities provide a dedicated
disabled toilet that is clearly marked, and has level entry
shower with seat, toilet, hand dryer, hair dryer, mirrors
and basin accompanied by grab rails.
- Parking is possible opposite the
entrance to the amenities.
- 2 deep stainless steel sinks are
available for food preparation and washing up (85cm high).
- Coin operated washer/dryer and steam
iron are in the small laundry room.
- Most pitches are
grass, but if required, we do have some
hard standing pitches.
- All pitches are approx 13m wide by
20m deep, some are even larger.
- Each pitch has hook-ups for
some pitches are fully serviced with
hook-ups for electricity (16A), drinking water and
digital TV (own receiver required) and a drain for ‘grey’
- Low level lights illuminate the
hook-ups, road and amenities.
- Parking on the grass or hardstanding
beside your caravan or tent is allowed.
- Please ask if you required assistance
with pitching on arrival.
- Chemical toilet disposal point is
located at the entrance to the site by
- Dustbin area and recycling point
(with parking) is behind the
toilet/shower block at the entrance to the site.
- Fire points on the park are no
further than 50 metres away from any pitch.
- Please ask about the suitability of
pitches at the time of booking. We cannot guarantee to
accommodate special requirements after pitches have been
Contact Information Address: York
Touring Caravan Site, Towthorpe Moor Lane, Towthorpe, York. YO32
9ST Telephone: 01904 499275
Hours of operation: Reception 8am-8pm
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturday & Sunday.
Local health centre: York Health Services
Local accessible taxi numbers: Dial A Ride
01751 477319 Six Five Nine 01904 659659
Although we have tried to be as accurate
as possible and include as much detail as we can in this
statement, we are always willing to give information on any
aspect of the park. If this statement does not answer your
particular question please let us know and we will endeavour to
answer your question and amend this statement for future use.